B Health or...? (1 Viewer)

wheres-wally

HSC
Hello, so i've made it into B Health at Macq Uni, but i'm contemplating on whether I should do Medical Sci (at Macq) instead of Health..?

Medical Science sounds interesting, but since I don't really enjoy chemistry (hence not picking chemistry in high school as a subject) Would it be difficult to achieve good results even though I didn't do chem at school?
Med Sci content seems much more rewarding/promising, in terms of career and employment.

B Health content seems alright since I'm more of a biology student but I'm not entirely sure what the subjects/units in the course are about and the career opportunities doesn't look appealing

I'm concerned with being able to achieve cred average in first year as I would like to transfer to health Sciences at Usyd later (If I don't choose to continue with course at Macq bcos change in interest). So which course should I do, Med Sci or Health??

Anyone doing Health or Med Sci students studying at Macq, what's it like..? :S

Please reply and help out!! Thanks In advance!!!

Lou283

HSC
Hey,

So I'm not doing any of these degree but my advice would be start with what you would ideally/realistically be able to achieve and work backwards. For example if you goal this year is to get into health sciences at USYD then call USYD and ask what you would need to do to transfer. If they say just a GPA of 3 then take whichever one you think you will get better marks at. If you want to do a certain career ask people what they would prefer.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)