• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

b media days (1 Viewer)

thisisme

HSC
N/A
hey
just wondering how many days are b media students at uni during the first year? how many hours each day generally?

thanks

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Depends, since you only have 3 cores for the entire year, most of your subjects will be made up of electives.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah average is about 2-4

I've got 3 days this year so we're not too 'busy' :)

thisisme

HSC
N/A
also- when does the semester end and from when to when are the end of year exams? im trying to find dates on the website with no success.

i heard that uts communcations dont have exams, the semester just ends and no exams- is that the same for b media at mac?

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
nope - u get assignments and exams at the end of each semester

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It'll depend on circumstances/units etc.

For my Multimedia production units, we don't have a final exam, and its just one big assignment really.

For my theory stuff, I had a book report due midway through the year as the 60% and was done by week 10 (presentation).

I'm not sure on the other stuff, but yeah it can vary.

HSC
N/A
Exact dates for end-of-semester assessments (whether hand-in or exams) are normally only avaliable a few weeks beforehand, although there is usually a proposed timetable released a tiddy bit earlier.

So if you're planning on ending semester early to go on holiday, bad idea :p And no, they're not lenient either (in terms of rescheduling exams for a student, or rushing to get dates released earlier).

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
hey was wondering, if you're not actually studying at Macquarie Uni, but want to attend some of the B Media classes and lectures (for curiosity purposes of course :p) is it allowed?

like do they have a roll or something in Uni or can you just walk in and no-one would really care

dont ask why I'm doing this.............ok ok I'm just curious about the course even though I won't be taking it

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
cbadvanced said:
hey was wondering, if you're not actually studying at Macquarie Uni, but want to attend some of the B Media classes and lectures (for curiosity purposes of course :p) is it allowed?

like do they have a roll or something in Uni or can you just walk in and no-one would really care

dont ask why I'm doing this.............ok ok I'm just curious about the course even though I won't be taking it
If the media lectures are big nobody would know. But its unlikely you would get away with it in tutorials, as they may take a roll (or even if they don't, the tutor will spot you out straight away).

HSC
N/A
Any big lectures should be fine.

I can't be the only mq student who's sat in on lectures at other unis with friends :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)