BA (languages, media and communications, advanced) (1 Viewer)

emily

was wondering if anyone is considering or doing arts advanced, arts media and comm or arts lnguages, need to get my preferences in in two days and i can't decide!!

what's it like doing a language at uni?

is advanced really any better?

thanx soo much for any help!

em :rolleyes:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I've spoken to a few ppl from Wollongong who had to do final year languages at Sydney (Spanish, I think it was) and they didn't like it much..

Dunno about Arts (advanced) though, i think it's suppose to be good.

For Media and Comm, look into UTS - they're suppose to be really good too ;)

emily

thanx :)

i'm so clueless, i put down arts advanced in the end, figured i can change if i want to

RJ

HSC
I was toying with the idea of arts advanced too, but in the end, I went for arts languages - I'm not sure if this is right, but I think you have to do an honours year with arts advanced which didn't appeal to me as much as the exchange program with the languages degree - the main thing is that with any arts degree, you can do the same (if not similar) subjects which makes transfering easier - I'm sure things will become clearer once you start the degree!

emily

yeah, I can hope!

ended up putting arts advanced as i figured the same thing - for the first year the subjects are the same for advanced, languages and normal arts degree, then at the end of that i will choose. You have to do honours year? don't know if i'd like that...prefer to go to Sorbonne!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You shouldn't be worrying about order of preferences just yet. :p

After all, you can change them as often as you want until January 6 at no charge. We've all been told to ignore the order of preferences until December 19. At least then you have a balpark figure to mould the preferences to.

RJ

HSC
Originally posted by emily
prefer to go to Sorbonne!!
Tell me about it! :) Don't quote me on the honours thing - i could be wrong!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
arts advanced is my #2 and im really hoping i'll get in. i hated sydney at the open day but i'll give it another chance.

if you're interested in communications, white rabbit's right - uts is great. they have an AMAZING communications faculty with really interesting electives etc and their graduates end up at all sorts of fabulous places.. if you wanted to combine it with languages you could also do international studies with it :) uts has good overseas uni links!

i cant say enough good things about uts! they are my #1, #3, #4 and #5 preferences!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar

i cant say enough good things about uts! they are my #1, #3, #4 and #5 preferences!
They are my #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 preferences! lol I've only heard good things about UTS communications.

emily

yeah, thing is i want to major in history and/or french :) and uts isn't really best for that so...

i am just going to wait and see, who knows - i may get in to arts/law at nsw yet!!! (hahahahahahahahahahaha)

sorry, studying is sending me insane...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)