Bachelor of Applied Science - Exercise and Sport Science @ USYD (1 Viewer)

Stormey

HSC
Hey

I want to get into the course listed above, however have a few questions about recommended studies.

It has Mathematics and Physics as Assumed knowledge, and Chemistry as recommended studies. I'm doing Mathematics at the moment (but will be dropping it soon), but am not involved in the other 2 science subjects.

Hypothetically, lets say I get in. I will be completing the bridging course for Chemistry, however I'm so-so about Physics and Mathematics.

I don't really want to fork out all the money for 3 bridging courses.

For Maths, I was planning to grab a couple of Year 12 Excel books and work my way through them in the break after Year 12. I've already completed half of the Year 12 course so it shouldn't take too long.

For Physics, could I do the same thing? Or would it be better to do the bridging course. I don't really want to do a bridging course for a second subject though. Opinions?

Lastly, would I even need the bridging courses/studying the subjects? People have said, they're not essential, but it would help if I had done them.

Opinions?

Thanks.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
It's only Mathematics and Chemistry for assumed knowledge; Physics is 'recommended studies'
I only say that because my for first semester subjects, I only saw Chem and Maths as 'assumed knowledge' in there for EXSS1018-Biomechanics of Human Movement and another subject. But I'm sure physics will definately be a good support base as well.

I didn't do Maths, Physics or Chem. I did, however, do PDHPE and General Maths. I'm doing the maths bridging course thats starting on the 8th, and I'm doing a chemistry bridging course at the Cumberland campus that is specifically for the health sciences faculty, so when they finish, I'll get back to you in greater detail as to how helpful they are.

Also, I know this means absolutely nothing, but when I was enrolling for both bridging courses, both teachers asked 'Did anyone tell you that you needed to do these courses?" I said no, but I hadn't studied them. I get the feeling that what is required of you in the first year is pretty basic knowledge (but thats just an assumption whereby I could be dead wrong).

It's not impossible, but I'm prep'ing myself for just how much reading and studying I am going to have to do in order to keep up with other students who studied those subjects for their HSC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)