Bachelor of Arts - Psychology with the Diploma of Education (Macquarie university) (1 Viewer)

vince2190

HSC
Hi all,

I am wishing to undertake this course at Maquarie uni as an undergraduate. Just wondering what the possible careers are that I could pursue. Also, It says on the UAC site about the course that a further 2 years of study after the 4 years will allow

Here are a few questions that I would like to pose about this course :

1. What are some possible careers that I could pursue after the completion of this course?

2. It says on the UAC website info about the course that 'After the fourth year, a further two years' postgraduate training or supervised experience is required for registration as a psychologist'. However a friend of mine has told me that because it is a bachelor of arts, I cannot become a registered psychologist. Help please?

3. Lastly, what possible education careers can come of this course considering that it is a 'Diploma' (Primary, secondary, private, catholic schools etc).

Help would be much appreciated, I am generally interested in the study of psychology and would like to know if this course is worth doing

Regards, Vince.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: Bachelor of Arts - Psychology with the Diploma of Education (Macquarie university

2. It says on the UAC website info about the course that 'After the fourth year, a further two years' postgraduate training or supervised experience is required for registration as a psychologist'. However a friend of mine has told me that because it is a bachelor of arts, I cannot become a registered psychologist. Help please?
Your friend doesn't know anything.

Generally it goes:

3 year Bachelors, majoring in psychology (whether this be via a BA, BSci, BPsych, whatever, it doesn't matter)
+
1 Year of Honours in psychology
+
2 year postgrad in psychology
OR
2 years supervised experience via an internship

The BPsychs tend to have the honours year 'built in', whereas with the BA & BSci you complete the honours year as a separate program. Mind you, the BPsych in no way guarantees you acceptance into honours; you must still meet the GPA requirements.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)