Bachelor of Arts Units of Study/Subject Help (1 Viewer)

ellao

HSC
I'm enrolling in a Bachelor of Arts to start in March and am just in the process of looking at Units of study and various subjects, and am a little unsure of the structure?

I'm wanting to Major in Government- which requires only 2 junior units of study (one of which I've already completed)- Does that mean for 1st Semster I can enrol in just one other junior unit of study and then three intermediate level units of study (that require 12 credits of junior units)? Or do I have to do additional junior units for the first semester before I can do senior units in second?

Also, do I only choose Units of study from my Major? As in, am I allowed to complete units of study from another subject area that isn't Government/is this accepted practice?

Sorry if this is confusing/thanks for any help!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I'm a bit confused - if you did your HSC in 2014 how have you already completed a junior Government unit? Is this some special HSC program or something? In any case, I think you'd have to do your second junior GOVT unit in semester 1, and then you can take intermediate GOVT units in semester 2. You usually need to get all the prereqs out of the way before starting upper-level units in a subject.

Your other three units in semester 1 would be junior units from other areas of study. It is totally expected (in fact I think compulsory) for you to study several subject areas during your degree. Usually you'd study three or four subject areas in first year, and then narrow that down to two or maybe three in later years, often leading to a double major. You definitely won't be stuck doing nothing but Government the whole time.

ellao

HSC
Thanks so much, this really cleared a few things up!
I completed a government junior unit as part of an HSC summer school thing last year- but its credited towards an arts degree :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)