• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bachelor of Business (1 Viewer)

simmowrites

HSC
Hey guys!
So, I'm in Year 12 at the mo and am looking at doing a B Business, (not sure what uni, maybe UTS or UNSW or something) but am not sure if I wanna study marketing or public relations or if I would prefer to go to the Hotel School and do hotel management instead.
I really want to travel and possibly work overseas and i know that there is a few opportunities to do this with hotel management but am not sure if there are any opportunities to do that with Public Relations or marketing. The main reason I would do hotel management is because of the travelling opportunities but if the same or even some of those opportunities existed with doing public relations instead then I would probably do that.
What are your opinions and advice?

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Wait until you do your base year in Business where you're basically dipping your toes in and experiencing each area (possible majors) as you go. Most likely you'll know then what avenue you wish to follow in relation to majors.

You could always do the B Business course and take International Business as a major. Visit as many open days as you can (this year) and you'll be able to ask people there at the unis which direction to take for where you want to end up. Or even talk to your careers advisor.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)