Bachelor Of Clinical Science At MQ (1 Viewer)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Yeah thank you that’s helpful, I got an ATAR in the early 90s this year so I don’t qualify for any of the undergrad courses I applied for sadly so looking to pathways now- I am also considering Biomedicine in Bond uni as a pathway (also two years) which I’m weighing against MQ. Either way GAMSAT is inevitable ._.
for bond med only 20% of their medical spots are reserved for graduate applicants, to which they only accepted 15 ppl in 2022 to transition from biomed to the medicine course. idk it seems like a bit of a risky decision to me, u should def consider victorian pathways (that's what im doing) bc i reckon they're a bit more rewarding and u don't need gamsat if ur sitting a pathway degree (eg biomed at monash or assured biomed at notre dame). also anu has a health science program that saves 30 seats to its postgrad med program without having to sit the gamsat, so there's also that one.

Iceyscreen

HSC
for bond med only 20% of their medical spots are reserved for graduate applicants, to which they only accepted 15 ppl in 2022 to transition from biomed to the medicine course. idk it seems like a bit of a risky decision to me, u should def consider victorian pathways (that's what im doing) bc i reckon they're a bit more rewarding and u don't need gamsat if ur sitting a pathway degree (eg biomed at monash or assured biomed at notre dame). also anu has a health science program that saves 30 seats to its postgrad med program without having to sit the gamsat, so there's also that one.
Thanks, could you explain what a Victorian pathway is, I haven’t heard of it😅 Most of the assured pathways I was checking out are 3-4 years (4 years Notre Dame I believe), do you know if anywhere offers 2 year courses with assured pathways?
I’m pretty torn about what to do and trying to decide in the next week or so to organise accommodation if I move out and such 0-0 Thanks for all the advice.

liamkk112

HSC
Thanks, could you explain what a Victorian pathway is, I haven’t heard of it😅 Most of the assured pathways I was checking out are 3-4 years (4 years Notre Dame I believe), do you know if anywhere offers 2 year courses with assured pathways?
I’m pretty torn about what to do and trying to decide in the next week or so to organise accommodation if I move out and such 0-0 Thanks for all the advice.
victorian pathway = studying medicine in victoria, likely in melbourne, as it is (slightly) less competitive than in nsw and there are more pathways eg pretty sure melbourne uni gives direct access to doctor of medicine if u complete bachelor of biomedicine or somethin

nsw..wollongong

HSC
like liamk said its thru victoria, so monash uni and la trobe have medical pathways (la trobe's is way more competitive tho with less opportunity bc they rely a lot on wam). monash biomed sci requires u to reach a certain score hurdle after each year to progress to doctor of medicine after 3 yrs. 70% of postgrad med seats are saved for monash biomed students, without having to sit the gamsat so its pretty promising. to my knowledge the assured notre dame pathway is 3 yrs, i don't think there's a 2 yr program except for bond uni (biomed) which is very risky and expensive compared to other pathways. even with bond, its not assured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)