Bachelor of Info technology (1 Viewer)

Munchy

HSC
I'm really interested in this course. Is it similar to the BIT course at UTS? I put this as my second preference if I don't get in at UTS, but the UAI for this one is 97.65. (Is it still worth putting it as my second even if I know I won't get the UAI required?) There's going to be no way I'd get a UAI that high. Has anyone tried submitting a "Experienced Programmers Portfolio Application for BIT" and got a place?

Also, is there lots of maths involved as compulsory subjects? (I see that its compulsory to cover calculus, linear algebra and statistics.) (Also what's 2000-level mathematics?")

Thanks in advance, Monica

Winston

HSC
I can explain, BIT at USYD, is identical to BCST, however, as BIT students you must do more IT related electives, furthermore, it's a 4 year degree, 1 year is the incorporated Honours yr, for BCST students, they have to apply for honours. BIT is part of the Science faculty, hence the need for 12 credit points of junior maths first yr as compulsory and just 4 credit points of 2000 level maths for second year, then that's it. UTS has no maths because they have their own faculty for IT, if computing was put under their science faculty, i'm sure they'd have to do maths.

I don't particularly agree with employment, don't come in and expect to finish off a degree and expect a job, you'd just be the plain old jane, because anyone can do that, you gotta make yourself standout when it comes to these fields of careers.

Anyways, if you're doing any computing subjects at USYD, i'd strongly advise you not to choose it, if you think IPT and IT (VET) equivalent is what's similar to what's taught here, because for first yr students in all these computing courses, the only computing subject, unless u elect to choose other comp subjects, the only comulsory one is software, and you'll be programming for two years, cause it's compulsory, and if you totally utterly dislike programming, i urge you not to choose USYD, i know UTS has programming too however their degree namely Biscit BScIT Dip, is structured in a way that there is programming but i don't think they go so in depth on it, it's merely a taste of a bit of this and that of computing, so that might suit you more if you dislike programming.

So to conclude BIT, BCST, BCST (Adv) do not differ much at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)