• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Backpaking ay?? (1 Viewer)

amybaker1990

HSC
so where do u get started??
Europe is the destination..
do u have to get visa's to work over there?
tell me all you know
dummies guide to packpacking right??

Peartie

HSC
You can visit as a TOURIST for UP TO 90 days within the Schengen Area (basically the EU with scandanavian countries and switzerland - check it up on wikipedia or google it).

To work in Europe "yes" you need a visa - if you want to risk fines and deportation or what not then you can find places that pay you under the table. If you want to be a tourist within the Schengen Area for more than 90 days you also do need a visa. Unless of course you have European citizenship in which case you can work, live, learn or do anything you want for however long you want there!

hope thats a good start!

Vancen

HSC
When are you going to Europe?
If i can save the cash i will be there from december/january this year!
I am really keen for germany, and also spain ive been there before and it is amazing!

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Likewise here; I want to go backpacking in December-February in 08/09 after the HSC...Going with some friends; is it worth going on one of those tours or not?

rozymisty

HSC
Some of the tours are good.

Contiki have a 40day camping european tour whcih is about $3000 whcih is good. but would you realy want to be camping in tents for 40 days?? Otherwise their like 14day tours are from $5000 depending of course on where you go.

IM going to NZ in November and Connections i think have a 5 day tour for good price....

Also make sure that your backpack isnt heavy, coz some tour companies say you have to have a max of 16kg, yet the airline allow 20kg..sure airplanes are bloody bigger but still...backpacks can weigh a fair amoutn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)