• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Balls of Steel Thread - FINALLY comes to Oz :) (1 Viewer)

evangold

HSC
N/A
BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!

Chasers got nothing on this show when it comes to controversial stunts. These guys are f***ing nuts and caused huge uproar in UK being threatened to been cut numerous times. Been following the first season early last year on cable. Its up to series 3 now on the "download" channel

Best Segments:
- Neg's Urban Sports (this blokes a legend
Security race segment is a deadset classic)
- The Pain Men (you'll shit yourself and the violent stunts they do. And its not acting or illusions e/g one of the blokes rubs a sander on his backside, another hammers a nail through his palm without anaesthetic :eek:)
- Toju: The militant black guy (in his own words: "f***ing up the lives of white people" lol)
- Annoying Devil (especially season 1 .... ROFLMAO!!!)

Worst Segments:
- Alex Zane (newer segment, hit and miss)

Couldnt believe it took so long for an aussie FTA channel bought this "unique" gem. Timeslot could be a little eariler around 9:30pm. Post your thoughts.

Morbo

HSC
Are you serious? I caught the last half-hour of this show and thought it was absolutely crap but that's just my opinion. To be honest, I don't think you can compare The Chasers with this slapstick driven drivel. The Chasers comedy style is mostly political driven with sketches aimed to poke fun at current affairs. Balls of Steel is basically in the league of Funniest Home Videos and Jackass (although the stunts on Jackass seem to be far more controversial, outrageous and dangerous putting it slightly above Balls of Steel). This just feels like a couple of drunk blokes who have nothing better to do than dress up in stupid costumes and perform equally stupid stunts on themselves and other unsuspecting people.
And, the guy who jumped from a window into a "high voltaged" bunker was not scripted at all. Lowest Common Denominator.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Morbo said:
I don't think you can compare The Chasers with this slapstick driven drivel. The Chasers comedy style is mostly political driven with sketches aimed to poke fun at current affairs.
The chaser's got really shit after a while. They haven't done any good political satire ever since they got a massive following and the publicity went to their heads. Both shows are essentially one and the same, I just like Balls of Steel better, they don't run around like they're so high and mighty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)