Band 6 Maths (1 Viewer)

m.alkan

HSC
Im just curious, how hard is it to get a band 6 in advanced maths? How much study is needed, what marks should I be aiming for and how I can prepare from the two week holidays. Im currently in Year 10 and about to start Year 12 maths next term. Any responses will be greatly appreciated ;)

vishnay

God
HSC
Im just curious, how hard is it to get a band 6 in advanced maths? How much study is needed, what marks should I be aiming for and how I can prepare from the two week holidays. Im currently in Year 10 and about to start Year 12 maths next term. Any responses will be greatly appreciated ;)
trivial

20 mins a day for b6 and 1hr a day for state rank just so u have perfect exam technique

if ur doing accel 2u and wanna do 4u then i wouldn't bother studying much for it at all

m.alkan

HSC
trivial

20 mins a day for b6 and 1hr a day for state rank just so u have perfect exam technique

if ur doing accel 2u and wanna do 4u then i wouldn't bother studying much for it at all
So 20 mins everyday or 20 mins each day I have for maths. And is it for additional revision for 2u or does it include doin homework? Also sack 4u

AKONS

HSC
It's not all about the amount of time you spend, it's more importantly what you spend it on. E.g spending an hour per day rereading the math textbook is so ineffective that it may as well be counterproductive.

To be an efficient AND effective band 6 math student I'd suggest:
1) Focusing on past papers (after having learnt the content) and CHECKING and LEARNING from your mistakes.
2) Prioritise your weakest areas. Focusing on the areas you're already good at may feel good now, but your weakest areas will absolutely slam you out of the B6 range in the HSC.
3) Be consistent but space specific topics out. Spending 8 hours straight on revising one math topic is nothing compared to the benefits of spreading that over a week, month and term (see the forgetting curve).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)