• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Base rate for greater union, hoyts.... (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'm assuming it will be the same as normal retail. It depends on how old you are... Like, for 16 year olds, its around $8 and hour, and for 19 year olds its $13.79, and it slowly goes up until you're 21.

superbird

HSC
i worked for village cinemas. their base rate was $11.70 (under 19). i think once you turn 19 it goes up to around $14.50.
in the cinema industry there is no time and a half on sundays. we were usually paid 1.8 not double time on public holidays.

P

pLuvia

lol.. but in cinema business you don't do anything for the whole shift practically. :)

fantasia

HSC
how/where do we apply for these hoyts, greater union etc?

is it an online application or do we contact them directly?

froggy_chik87

HSC
fantasia said:
how/where do we apply for these hoyts, greater union etc?

is it an online application or do we contact them directly?
i don't know about greater union, but at hoyts go to box office and ask for a application if they have none, they will tell you to write a resume...make sure you put on it that you are avaliable fri and sat night and sunday days, if you want the job, write your avaliablilty times...

any more questions about hoyts pm me...other wise..i hope that helps...

mattyg87

HSC
give in a resume to candy bar/box office. the base rate for a 16 year old at hoyts is ~ $10.50. For an 18 year old its over $12

But if you're applying for a job at the cinema's keep in mind that you wont get loaded with shifts in general, but during the holidays you may have to work every day. Expect some weeks with only 1 shift

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)