• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Basketball (1 Viewer)

bball_machine

Just from viewing my username, you can probably interpret that I'm a basketball nut :p I'm currently in year 12, striving to achieve an impressive result in order to enter a high-class university... a typical HSC student ;)
Being the basketball lover that I am, I want to ask if there's a basketball club in university (I plan to enter Sydney or NSW). If so:
- Is there an official team formed?
- Are there matches against other universities?
- Are there training sessions?
- Do you have to be skilled to join/play?

Thanks. By the way it'd be great if someone who is in a university's bball club can inform me of their experience ;)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i would say "yes" to all the above questions, university teams are usually top of the range teams, they cater for pro's and for amateurs who just want to play for fun.

anyways...i have a friend who's exactly like u- i.e just wants to get into uni. in order to play basketball. :S

addz

HSC
bball court at front of unsw looks like crap (no ring either)
court in gym is pretty good cept for the fact you gotta pay for it..
as for clubs...dunno...havent seen many clubs @ unsw quite yet cept for bible reading one handin out flyers

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by addz
bball court at front of unsw looks like crap (no ring either)
court in gym is pretty good cept for the fact you gotta pay for it..
as for clubs...dunno...havent seen many clubs @ unsw quite yet cept for bible reading one handin out flyers
Oh, we had them at Newcastle University too! They were everywhere. I got at least six cards/leaflets handed to me and a Proverbs book. I didn't want to say no to them because I didn't want to make them feel bad:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)