• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bcomm/BSci vs. Liberal Studies (1 Viewer)

llubu2

HSC
:confused: Hey guys, just wanted to ask which would appeal more to employers; which is more reputable? In com/sci u take one major for each, but it is a double degree. For liberal studies, u take two majors from com, and one from the liberal components, but in both, i'll be doing chemistry as the science but liberal studies is a single degree.. so, liberal or com/sci, which is more reputable?:confused:

08er

HSC
Also isn't one 4 years while the other is 5?

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
llubu2 said:
:confused: Hey guys, just wanted to ask which would appeal more to employers; which is more reputable? In com/sci u take one major for each, but it is a double degree. For liberal studies, u take two majors from com, and one from the liberal components, but in both, i'll be doing chemistry as the science but liberal studies is a single degree.. so, liberal or com/sci, which is more reputable?:confused:
Which ones do you mean when you say 'employers'?

sirfeathers

HSC
RogueAcademic said:
Which ones do you mean when you say 'employers'?
yeah i was gonna ask that as well, what kind of job/ industry do you see yourself working in?

Given that you're planning to do similar subjects regardless of which one, I'd go for the Comm/Sci, because it is easier for employers to see what you have actually done and what you are actually qualified for. If money is an issue for you though, you may need to consider the Liberal Studies option given that it takes less time to complete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)