• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BDO Vacation Program 2007 (1 Viewer)

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Hey guys,

My workplace is hiring for our 2007 vacation program. Its an 8-week program during January - March working in either Assurance/Audit or Business Advisory Services. It is aimed at undergraduates who are in their final year of uni or graduating next year.

Please refer to the link below for more information and message me if you are interested at eugeneee55@hotmail.com BEFORE applying. Your application will be looked at more favourably if you mention you have been referred by a staff member.

I do not come to BOS often so if you have any questions send them to my email address - for a faster reply.

Applications close 6 September 2006

Cheers.

http://www.flyhigher.com/JobSeeker/JobDetails.aspx?PageID=JobSearch&JobID=1014

Last edited:

turtleface

HSC
BDO's a good firm, I noticed recently they were the business consultants to the contestants on the "My restaurant Rules" series

how much do you get for referrals?
dunno if BDO has rewards for referrals, at some other Accounting firms its generally about $3000 for someone up to Manager level, and $5000 for someone manager and beyond.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I know some firms (eg. mine) don't reward undergrad/grad recruitments... well I don't think they do. So I doubt vaccy will be worth much.

And... doesn't it make you look bad if your name comes up on heaps of application's referral, but they are crappy candidates?

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
velox said:
how much do you get for referrals?
i get nothing as it is only vacation programs refs dont apply to it, only to permanent staff.

nah i dont really mind if the ppl i refer r good or bad, i just post it to try to help ppl get a job if they r really interested. all candidates go thru toe same screening process, so if they r bad they wont make it thru for interviews. by being internally referred it just helps them a bit more

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Got to get through the dodgy applications to find the golden ones.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
True true. But I can't help but wonder if you go and appear as the referrer for a bazillion applications, and most of them turn up crap- would it really be of benefit to the next person to put your name down as a reference too?

Anyhow, good luck with the hiring. Your office is still in the Allianz tower right?

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
A bazillion sounds a bit exaggerated, make that only 3 :p

Nah its cool. I know how hard it is to get into large accounting firms so if I can help if anyway i will.

I am pretty sure the quality of people at BOS are high standard anyways ...i hope :p

Yeah mate still in the allianz tower near darling harbour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)