• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Beading... (1 Viewer)

Rinni

HSC
I've recently gotten into making beaded jewellery. Now I'm looking for patterns and ideas...I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions??

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I used to make stuff like that, um there's heaps of books you can buy that give you patterns and instructions, maybe have a look around for some?

HSC
N/A
I used to bead a few years back... still have three big boxes (with about 18 subsections in each) with different coloured beads. If at all, I only use them to bead patterns on costumes though nowadays.

A good book that was given to me is "The Best Little Beading Book" by Wendy Simpson Conner - got it from that beading shop in Chatswood. Most of the patterns in there are hugely out-dated, but it's got good information and how-to's on different types of beads, how to tell good beads from cheap ones, different names of beading styles, and lots of basic techniques. There's also a lovely section at the back dedicated to colour and stone meanings, chakras etc - if you're into that sort of thing in relation to beading (some people are) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)