• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Beating your regular classmates.. (1 Viewer)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
I need help!

Well, I do 4unit maths, ranked 11th in 3unit. That's bad aye?

Well I'm pretty sure i got around 80-90% in the 3unit paper. And i'm also sure that the rank 1-6 should do 70-80%.

I hardly studied other than for the hsc itself, i am a fool

The question is, What do you think I'll get for the HSC for 3unit maths? As in scaled. Do you think rank 7-10 can blow me a drop-down?

and I wonder how much you can get dropped down because of ranking.. :)

kaseita

I wouldn't say coming 11th is bad...unless there's only 11 people who do 3u maths there :p
and I don't think anyone can really say how well you'll do for your 3unit mark, since your rank doesn't really matter that much. It's more the difference in marks between yours, and the guys above you. If the top 7 in your school are within a few marks, then your not likely to be dropped down. but if there's a massive gap say, between you, and whoever's 6th, then it can make a difference. but if you beat that person in the hsc but a heap, then you'll be fine.
and you really definitely can't tell what scaling your going to get, cause its based on how your whole group does, and how you all do in your other subjects, as well as the entire state, and how well your class does compared to the rest of the state.

Its kinda futile trying to figure it out I think

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Boy am I glad to hear that :)

Yeah, i hope the rankings don't matter much. but who knows.

I have the option to do 3unit maths again, and leave 4unit as it is, because i know it's ok. So I guess i'll sit down with the regular classmates.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)