Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Chemistry sux : |

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by victorling
actually, i just flipped through the excel chem before my hsc....it did not help me a lot
yeah- i regret buying it- my copy of excel was basically untouched thruoght the whole year- :D

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i used conquering chem n chem in contexts :) even though at skool we used pathways....but for some reason i never like pathways much
later in the yr i used macquarie rev guide...it is brilliant :D , i feel!!
i also used surfing for some modules , i think it is just okey
the worst is excel:mad:

HSC
i've got pathways and so far it's pretty good i hope. my school's using chem context but half of the yr 12 students forgot to return them back so i'm using pathways right now. i thought conq chem is the one that isn't good with the irrelevant stuff. dammit, i'll buy conq chem for yr 12 and use the prelim one from the library for now (we get to keep the txtbooks for 12 months)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
i used.....conq chem, chem in context and pathways....i also used surfing...the exercises in surfing are quite good! n i had various work sheets from tutoring, with dot points turned into HSC type questions!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
The one thing l didn't like about conquering - is that it wasn't appealing to the eye..but l voted for it anyways :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
i've got pathways and so far it's pretty good i hope. my school's using chem context but half of the yr 12 students forgot to return them back so i'm using pathways right now. i thought conq chem is the one that isn't good with the irrelevant stuff. dammit, i'll buy conq chem for yr 12 and use the prelim one from the library for now (we get to keep the txtbooks for 12 months)
excel follows the syllabus... so does conquerin... i would say conquerin is one of the best chem text bookz... but still, my vote go to pathway, bcause it takes abt irrelevant stuff... extra knowledge and interestin to read on...

04er

HSC
Originally posted by juggernaut
contexts + conq + surfing + macquarie
:D right on!!!

my order of preference:
1. Conquering Chemistry
2. Contexts/Surfing/Macquarie .... LOL

grimreaper

HSC
Originally posted by eeyore
Pathways was too detailed and most of it was irrelevant
You're absolutely right, unfortunately my school made us buy these at the start of yr 12 before i really cared to much about which one i should really get. However, i have the macquarie revision guide as well and its awesome - follows the syllabus to the letter.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Conquering chem was my bible
We were issued with pathways and it was pure c***
I also don't know why I bought excel...

HSC
just borrowed conquering and i've changed my mind about pathways. i've used some info from pathways for a question in chem prac and the teacher said the info is wrong :( . what a waste of money! worse still is my class still don't have school-issued contexts (blame current yr12 at my school). i might buy conq chem in the easter holidays when the shops open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)