• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Best computers uni (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Which uni is best in terms of computer subjects?

I am stuck in between three: UNSW, UTS and USYD. I put IT at USYD first but am seriously considering the advantages of doing related subjects in UTS and UNSW.

I put USYD because i still want to do maths and I have the best chance of getting a scholarship there but I want UTS because of the work experience it gives you.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

asdf

HSC
I think UNSW when i think about computing/maths degrees. :uhhuh:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
USyd - Well a scholarship is v imporatant to consider, but what if you don't get it?
UTS - Training is also important, but UNSW offers you (less) training too.
UNSW - Of course I am going to defend my own choice of uni, but it really is one of the best places to do computing. It has an extremely large school (whereas unis like Sydney lump it in with Elec Eng) and therefore recieves good funding.

Did you go to the open day for all three unis?

doe

HSC
N/A
id say uts and unsw are about the same. pick whichever is more convienient to get to every day.

usyd and mq are roughly even, my boss did computing at usyd, from what ive heard id probably rate mq over usyd, simply because you can get a computing degree from usyd without doing an alogrithims and data structures unit, which is basically the only thing of real use you'll learn at uni.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the help guys, i think I will be changing my first preference to UTS. As for scholarships UTS offers one to you if your in the top 20 in the course after first year so i guess ill have a chance there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)