Best Ever Action Films (1 Viewer)

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
The following is a list of the best action films since i was born.
There are some ties, which is inevitable.
Comment, also on what you think has been a good action film this year....

Winner: Aliens
Runner Up: Top Gun

Winner: Predator
Runner Up: Lethal Weapon

Winner: Die Hard
Runner Up: Rambo 3

Winner: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Runner Up: Batman

Winner: Nikita
Runner Up: Die Hard 2: Die Harder

Winner: Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Runner Up: Point Break

Winner: Batman Returns
Runner Up: Under Siege

Winner: Cliffhanger
Runner Up: Demolition Man

Winner: True Lies
Runner Up: The Proffesional

Winner: Heat
Runner Up: Goldeneye

Winner: Mission Impossible
Runner Up: The Rock

Winner: Starship Troopers
Runner Up: The 5th Element

Winner: Saving Private Ryan
Runner Up: Blade

Winner: The Matrix
Runner Up: The World Is Not Enough

Winner: 3 Kings
Runner Up: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Winner: Fulltime Killer
Runner Up: Swordfish

Winner: Dog Soldiers
Runner Up: Reign of Fire/Equilibrium

Winner: Welcome to the Jungle
Runner Up: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Winner: -to be decided-
Runner Up: -to be decided-

Disclamer: This is a 'Nate Free' thread.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
omg! sif true lies over the professional! are you insane?

btw: love the disclaimer

Collin

HSC
N/A
2003: The Matrix Revolutions, The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King, Terminator 3 (although I was very pissed off at the composer of the music for not retaining the original themes of the previous movies).

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
2003: The Matrix Revolutions, The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King, Terminator 3 (although I was very pissed off at the composer of the music for not retaining the original themes of the previous movies).
how was matrix 3 an action movie? if you're gonna have to pick one for that year, i would have gone with reloaded. but either way i still agree with victor choices for the year

nice av+sig though :)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
and i think last action hero should be in cliffhanger's place

Collin

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the sig/av comments. I actually had another picture up of the upcoming video game, Doom 3, but for some reason the mods keep taking it down.

DAMN YOU MODS!!!!!11111

Anyway, I really thought Revolutions was more actionish than Reloaded. Reloaded suffered immeasurably poor pacing and that put me off in the end. I also felt that the CGI in the Burly Brawl wasn't completed, even though it was pretty good anyway. Highway chase was pretty good, the first few times I watched it. After that, it just became boring (in terms of action).

Revolutions on the other hand; I wouldn't be able to congratulate John Gaeta et al for his work on the 14 minute sequence on the invasion of Zion and the final cinematic Superbrawl. I got chills down my spine from watching both scenes.. personally I just felt that Revolutions was a much better action movie over Reloaded.

I haven't seen Welcome To The Jungle though, which was dissappointing because I wanted to see the part where Schwarzeneggar nods to The Rock as he walks past.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Revolutions on the other hand; I wouldn't be able to congratulate John Gaeta et al for his work on the 14 minute sequence on the invasion of Zion and the final cinematic Superbrawl. I got chills down my spine from watching both scenes.. personally I just felt that Revolutions was a much better action movie over Reloaded.

I haven't seen Welcome To The Jungle though, which was dissappointing because I wanted to see the part where Schwarzeneggar nods to The Rock as he walks past.
the attack on zion really didn't interest me, yes, twas a great technical feat, but i found it boring. and welcome to the jungle really was one of the best action movies i've ever seen. the rock's character has this kinda phobia of using guns, so this forces the movie into creative and interesting fight scenes that happen with nearly not shots being fired. the movies climax was when the rock finally picked up a gun, i thought was a let, they should have continued the asskicking with no gunplay. the only two movies i thought had interesting gunplay was the original matrix and equilibrium

walrusbear

HSC
i'm pretty sure 'the killer', (chow yun-fat / john woo), is better than like everything on that list (hmmm maybe not the professional), so it should win whatever year it was released.

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
the attack on zion really didn't interest me, yes, twas a great technical feat, but i found it boring. and welcome to the jungle really was one of the best action movies i've ever seen. the rock's character has this kinda phobia of using guns, so this forces the movie into creative and interesting fight scenes that happen with nearly not shots being fired. the movies climax was when the rock finally picked up a gun, i thought was a let, they should have continued the asskicking with no gunplay. the only two movies i thought had interesting gunplay was the original matrix and equilibrium
the main problem with the attack on zion was that it was so detatched from the rest of the series. in the first two films CGI was used to heighten (or dampen in some cases) the martial arts and gunplay. zion howver was more akin to an epic film.
basically it looked liked Terminator 4 is gonna look like (if/when it comes out).

i agree with you that equilibrium had the most interesting gunplay as well. even though it was soooo choreographed it was so damn inventive that i let it slide. i would really like to see the director remake it with a budget at least twice the original (a modest and impressive $20 million).

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
also....
1) yes the original terminator music should have been included (they only put on the immortal thumping in the closing credits)
2) i reckon reloaded is better than revolutions as an action film
3) the return of the king only has one moment when my pulse quickened...(when the 6000 horse basically 'ran over' the orcs),
this was followed by my pulse disappearing completely when the films took an extra 30mins to end after the ring was destroyed
4) true lies has more top notch action than the professional. this was back in the days when james cameron wasn;t a pussy-wench who went diving too much

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
Originally posted by super katie
How could 3 kings come before Crouching Tiger????
i know it's a hard one. the treetop fightscene is my favourite scene from any movie in all of history.....

however....

seeing spike jonze (extremely talented individual) shoot up a car covered in stuffed animals with a shotgun.....
spike:"i don;t really have a day job sir"

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by victor..cleaner
i know it's a hard one. the treetop fightscene is my favourite scene from any movie in all of history.....

however....

seeing spike jonze (extremely talented individual) shoot up a car covered in stuffed animals with a shotgun.....
spike:"i don;t really have a day job sir"
i support that decision basically because i thought crouching tiger was so boring :p

Originally posted by victor..cleaner
4) true lies has more top notch action than the professional. this was back in the days when james cameron wasn;t a pussy-wench who went diving too much
yeah, i suppose you are right, but you gotta respect a film that can have a relationship between a 40 yo man and a 12 yo girl without it turning seedy. plus, gary oldman always earns extra points

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Emma8701
owww wot bout Romeo must die
That was nothing compared to some of Jet Li's other films such as The Kiss Of The Dragon and Cradle To The Grave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)