• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

best places to work (1 Viewer)

vajayjay

HSC
Can someone please give me a list of places that I can apply to as a casual, that doesn't have an ass base rate? (Preferably not fast food, worst job of my life).

sly_lyepat

HSC
on this topic, how many people on here have a job during senior years, so many of my mates have or are pressuring on the topics of jobs, and when i tell them ill get a job after year 12 they go on about how im gonna be broke during uni like tf, is it easy to balence a job in senior years, to answer the question i heard Bunnings pays well

jane1820

HSC
on this topic, how many people on here have a job during senior years, so many of my mates have or are pressuring on the topics of jobs, and when i tell them ill get a job after year 12 they go on about how im gonna be broke during uni like tf, is it easy to balence a job in senior years, to answer the question i heard Bunnings pays well
I would say a summer/holiday job not a whole yr typa job

spiderfan44

HSC
the issue is that if you dont work during highschool, you end up having no experience during uni so you have to start doing fast food in uni before moving onto a job which requires more experience. most people will work during yr10, 11 and 12. you can be a bit more flexible if youre a casual worker, u may do only school holiday work, weekend work, or after school on a specific day. in my experience im not great at managing my time so i ended up saving money while working then quitting in year 12.

spiderfan44

HSC
the issue is that if you dont work during highschool, you end up having no experience during uni so you have to start doing fast food in uni before moving onto a job which requires more experience. most people will work during yr10, 11 and 12. you can be a bit more flexible if youre a casual worker, u may do only school holiday work, weekend work, or after school on a specific day. in my experience im not great at managing my time so i ended up saving money while working then quitting in year 12.
also put savings into a high interest savings account with ur bank

wildwestworm

HSC
I've had a job since year 11 and I find it okay. Usually I get more shifts during holiday times (nearly every day) but I've managed it fine. Though if you're aiming for a high ATAR (I'm not lol😭) then it probably isn't the best idea. It really depends on your work tho, some casuals barely get any shifts and some get a lot of shifts

carrotsss

HSC
I worked through year 11/12 and did fine, I just took time off for trials and hsc. The best places to work as a high schooler is pretty much anything retail, it’s a lot more chill than fast food especially if you have good managers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)