• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Best Way to Memorise Essays (1 Viewer)

a.Limjoco

HSC
To all english students enthusiasts or not. How do you memorise your essays?? I'm talking like the normal essasys 800-1000 words. I find my way is very time consuming and though effective I think there is definately a better way and I want to try different things out before the HSC / Trails...

So far all I do is write.. rewrite ... rewrite... repeat... read... repeat... I've used up one of those entire A4 blank pages notepad things on just one essay :p i don't know if thats an achievement but hell i think its a statement :p

me121

Premium Member
HSC
i summaries it into the dot points. so i just remember the several key ideas that i can talk about (depending on which are relavent to the question). i don't memorise word for word because then i find it hard to adapt to the question and time limits etc. the idea is that if i have writtien and essay and refined that essay multiple times that the ideas stick in my head.

in short,
revise your essays, do 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, etc.. drafts this way you remember the ideas and concepts, not words
summaries it into the several key points and remember the key points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)