BEST WAY TO USE TEXTBOOKS (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
G'day guys!

I know you're all busy HSC student so I'll cut to the chase.
What is the best way to learn math?

a) Fitzpatrick on content ahead of class --> cambridge work from class ---> past papers
b) Cambridge work ahead of class ---> free time or time to work in class ---> past papers

Thanks in advance you legends!

AKONS

HSC
Thanks nunyabeezwax!

Definitely. The enrichment questions are a bit of a waste of time usually. However, if I'm not entirely certain what exercises we're going to do (cambridge is quite all over the place) should I do Fitzpatrick instead and reinforced by cambridge or is it a waste?
Thanks in advance!

idkkdi

HSC
If you can learn the content yourself, do it! b) is probably the best.
Use the textbooks and their questions to understand and consolidate the concepts. Make sure you can do the harder 'development' questions from cambridge (you don't have to do the enrichment / extension, would NOT recommend spending time on those really hard questions unless you can get your hands on worked solutions for them).
After that, make sure to do lots of exam style questions from past papers. I know it's difficult because of the new syllabus, but the old past papers can still be relevant.
Best of luck!
Thanks nunyabeezwax!

Definitely. The enrichment questions are a bit of a waste of time usually. However, if I'm not entirely certain what exercises we're going to do (cambridge is quite all over the place) should I do Fitzpatrick instead and reinforced by cambridge or is it a waste?
Thanks in advance!
Back off my juicy enrichment questions from Cambridge. I do every single one. Takes a hell of a lot of effort though on specific ones. 10/10 would rate. If you take more than an hour on one question, maybe look up the answer.

idkkdi

HSC
Bruh! State ranks in 4u maths isn't everything! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Does no one else actually grind out those enrichment questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)