• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Beware the data sheet (1 Viewer)

BigBear_25

HSC
:) I just finished my chem 1/2 yearly about an hour ago.
I thought i had done pretty well.
Come out of the exam started to dicuss questions with my friends
and realised i missed out part of the second last question and the entire
last question. Worth about 4-6 marks not much but does count. :mad1:

Now ur probably thinking that im a goose for not looking
at the test properly. But the interesting thing is that the questions missed
were on the back of the data sheet. :burn:

When we were starting our exam we were told that if we wanted to detach
the periodic table and the data sheet if we could. So for convienence i did. At the same time there were questions on the back. I have looked at all the past HSC papers and they have a blank page after the last question and before the perodic table and data sheet.

Oh well should i appeal or something? (Arrrrrgh...stupid mistake)

Ps: sorry for making the post so long but i had to and beware the data sheet
:)

culpritinperil

HSC
I suppose you could try to appeal or bring up the point to the head teacher or something. Although if the question was mentioned on the cover page (where you have all the instructions and stuff) it'd be partly your fault for not looking more thoroughly during the 5 minute reading time. Nevertheless, doesn't hurt to give the appeal a go! :)

I had a similar problem last year for one of my prelim exams- thought I finished all parts until I walked out and was asked about the last two questions... oops! Gone are the chem days though.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Isn't the back of the data sheet supposed to be a periodic table? :p That's what we had on the back of ours.

Dragie

HSC
Oh you poor thing - something similar happened to me for my prelims last year. On my half yearlys yesterday my data sheet was on the back of the periodic table - like Riviet haha maybe its different for certain schools...?

Oh by the way...did anyone else make the same mistake? Usually when there's more than one person, they'd let you do the page again (maybe not lol) or at least give you some sort of average for that page only. Just make sure you whinge to your teacher about it!

Last edited:

Farmerism

HSC
haha god that sucks!

i just had my chem half yearly today too and now im worried that maybe i didnt check teh back either, my school tends to be really cheap so it is possible for them to do that. god now im worried................... : D

but neh yay its over!

LynH1326

HSC
We usually have the periodic table on the back.... at least you'll know for next time to look at every single bit of paper (i did the same thing last year in year 11 1/2 years.............................) :mad1:

passion89

HSC
BigBear_25 said:
Justice is served.

I got to do the questions i missed.

Yay
Haha when I did the same thing for my prelims, they wouldn't let me do the questions again...bastards so good for you :)

P

pLuvia

Same our data sheet is at the back of the periodic table, I don't you could appeal for that, since other people did get the question, unless your one was just special ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)