• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Big W & Personal Leave (1 Viewer)

sirius_g

HSC
I have been a trainee manager (Apparel) at Big W for more than three months and have never had a day off - until today. I worked 9:30am to 10:15pm last night and was required to start at 6:30am this morning ( I live an hour a way from work). As I hadn't been feeling well - I called in sick this morning (well my partner did as I was vomiting in the shower) at the end of the conversation - the Store Manager said 'Fair enough' But make sure she's get a medical certificate.

I have to work the special public holiday tomorrow and saturday and sunday. What I want to know is does the clause in the award - medical certificate required for a day off either side of a public holiday apply to me. In consideration that I have to work the special public holiday tomorrow. The SM has never made any other Managers get medical certificates - and the store cannot normally request a medical certicate unless you have two or more consecutive days off or have a numerous single day absences.

Is he being a prick?
tell me what you think.

sirius

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I think whoever did the schedule for you is a prick. You're not allowed to work two shifts when one begins less than 10 hours after the first finishes. Why would you do that for Big W?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)