• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Big W Union Question (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
I pay the union like 3 dollars a week, so up to now I probably contributed 60 bux already.. are we gna refund that in the end?

Also my taxable gross is 2k, but my tax is only 60 dollars. lol

blakegman

HSC
N/A
If you earn under 6.5k or whatever the threshhold is i dont think you get it back.

jannny

HSC
that's freaking useless, i pay them 3 dollars a week and I thought that I am gonna get it back damn you union ass hole

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jannny said:
I pay the union like 3 dollars a week, so up to now I probably contributed 60 bux already.. are we gna refund that in the end?

Also my taxable gross is 2k, but my tax is only 60 dollars. lol
Um why would the SDA give you your money back? It's not tax you moron :s

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
i remember the sda rep at my orientation was full hyping up our jobs. lawl at that

i ended up chucking all the vouchers

jannny

HSC
That was the way I interpreted it, I thought we're gna get it back like when the guy said its "tax deductible"

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jannny said:
That was the way I interpreted it, I thought we're gna get it back like when the guy said its "tax deductible"
Hahahahhahahahha you fucking spaz. Look tax deductible up on wikipedia then go drown yourself.

jannny

HSC
just feel shit.. I could've used that 60 bux for something better like a new jacket or something.. haha im so asian. Gna cancel membership tomrw right away

born2b

HSC
jannny said:
just feel shit.. I could've used that 60 bux for something better like a new jacket or something.. haha im so asian. Gna cancel membership tomrw right away
lol then later u will probably complain about you needing it...

3$ a week for protection from work raping you is pretty good ;)

look up tax deductable once again dont think you got the point.

jannny

HSC
na I get it.. I need to earn more the 6.5k or something like that for it to be tax deductibe.. I dont think I'll earn that

why wat kind of work raping I mite get?

HSC
jannny said:
na I get it.. I need to earn more the 6.5k or something like that for it to be tax deductibe.. I dont think I'll earn that
You need to earn above the tax-free threshold for it to be tax decuctable because it is then that you actually PAY tax. Last year, I earned $5999 before tax, but I had about $200 in deductions. Now this reduced my taxable income, but because it was below $6k I got all of my tax back - not my union fees. If you are in this situation, you won't get your union fees back, but WILL get all of the tax back.

Like born2b said though, the union can come in handy at times. Earlier in the year, I worked a shift over the Australia Day weekend which didn't match my roster (got asked to come in earlier to cover a shift in another department). Because I was in another department, and I didn't sign in on the Finger Scanner (signed in manually because it wasn't working), the store claimed to have no record of the earlier shift and thus refused to pay it. It was only after I got the union involved that they paid me for the extra shift (and I work at woolworths, not a dodgy $2 shop!). So before you quit the union, consider carefully if you would ever need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)