Bio Mod 6 Question HELP (1 Viewer)

Doja

HSC
Can anyone explain or give somewhat of a scaffold idea on how to answer this question pls. Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 8.13.05 pm.png

Cherryy9

HSC
To be extremely brief: you would answer in relation to the role of tRNA in polypeptide synthesis (carrying specific amino acids to the ribosome) . For instance, a mutation in the anticodon would affect the correct attachment of the complementary codon on the mRNA strand. It would disrupt the proper translation of mRNA into tryptophan- since it affects the correct incorporation of amino acids in the polypeptide chain and hence the resulting proteins. And since we know that proteins are extremely important for cell functions—> if it contains the wrong amino acids leads to structural and functional abnormalities….

Hope this helped!

If you need further help, feel free to message me I tutor HSC biology- so I will be able to help with any follow up questions!

Additionally, you must mainly discuss the effects in this question so for this you can mention:
- as I said structural and functional abnormalities —> proteins involved in this.
- wrong incorporation of amino acids can affect enzyme functions —> since enzymes are proteins remember!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)