BIOL1003 Human Biology (1 Viewer)

lengstar

HSC
Got questions? Got answers? I managed to pass BIOL1001 without much effort and i want HD this time round so discuss anything you want on the subject. Who's doing it btw? This is heaps more interesting than BIOL1001. I love evolution and genetics, its one of the reasons why i'm adamant about the existence of 'God'.

Saul

*ss
HSC
so you managed to pass concepts, and so you want an hd this time? (im doing 1905 btw, which is more or less the same thing)

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I'm doing biol1003 as well this term. i find it extremely interesting so far (haven't started falling asleep in lectures yet as compared to 1001), and i heard we get to dissect a cat in week 3!! I can't wait. what day u have bio prac? and do u need to bring those dissection kits this week?

Saul

*ss
HSC
dont we have australian museum this week coming?

lengstar

HSC
dissect a cat? woot! thats even more fun then grabbing them by the tail and swing them onto oncoming traffic!
my bio prac's on tuesday morning 301
but i might change my timetable

cayte

Would you really change your prac after week one? It just seems like too much hassle with the groups and so on. And yes, we're going to the museum next week. Or whenever you feel like it I guess.

cayte

BTW, I missed the first two lectures this week - is there anything vital that isn't on the lecture notes?

And we don't have a third lecture from next week do we?

SmokedSalmon

HSC
um... don't believe you missed anything Cayte. Everything from the lecture is on the lecture notes on the VLE.
login: biostudy
pw: wallaby (if u don't know)

We only have a third lecture in weeks 1 and 13. So that means I get fridays off! woot! :D

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
sorry, no you don't dissect a cat. Instead they show you the cats in the lab (they're like 10 year old specimens and they're all dried up and stuff.

However, you do get to chop up a live cane toad. Last year we poured salt water and adrenaline over the gutless frog and got it to wriggle about.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
oh and no. You don't need a dissection kit. They're like $17 or $37 i forgot. I never bought one, instead I just used a group members kit. Usually only need 1 kit per group. Besides the kit is pathetic, just some scissors, tweezers etc

cayte

Thanks SS, I did check the lecture notes. Fridays off is a huge bonus eh?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I passed 1001 with basically no study either (makes me wonder why I bought Knox) and I certainly do agree that Human Biology is miles more interesting than Concepts. I can even dare to say that I was enjoying myself when I was reading the textbook the other day.

lengstar

HSC
By now you would've had bio labs third week. what did you think about the cat dissection?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Man, those sliced up cats made me hungry. Jk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)