Biology or Chemistry (1 Viewer)

ajerbashan

HSC
Hi,
I am to choose a science for my year 11 subjects but I can't decide between biology or chemistry, any tips?
Along side that I am going to do Japanese, Ext1 maths, Ext1 english, and economics.

Bball1

HSC
Chemistry and physics are normally on assumed knowledge for medical courses but biology is still more useful because if you haven't taken it then a lot of unis make you do a bridging course. But if you don't want to get into a medical area, both subjects are pretty similar in scaling but chemistry is probably slightly higher. Both have a bit of memorising in them. The yr 11 course for biology is a bit boring but the yr 12 is apparently really interesting while chemistry is about the same for both years, but that all depends on what you're interested in. Both courses provide a good foundation to science as well. But it depends, if you are really focused on scaling then chemistry would be better but biology gives foundation to nearly all medical course and the HSC course I heard is more interesting as well.

Jai2019

HSC
Biology is more content full yet it is easier so long as you memorise and remember everything you need to. Chemistry on the other hand is not so content full or stuffed although as a subject overall the concepts and ideas are more complex and generally harder than biology.
So its completely up to you.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Really depends on what your future goals are. What type of degree do you want to do in the future?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)