Biology Practical Exam - Help!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey guys!

So I've just received an assessment task for a biology practical exam. They've basically given us no information other than the fact that they'll be assessing skills and content for mod 5 and first inquiry question for mod 6. I'm so stressed on how I'm supposed to be preparing. I'll obviously revise all the mod 5 & 6 content we need to know, but we haven't done any practicals in class for these module and I have no idea what to expect. Any ideas on what I should do to be best prepared?

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Hey guys!

So I've just received an assessment task for a biology practical exam. They've basically given us no information other than the fact that they'll be assessing skills and content for mod 5 and first inquiry question for mod 6. I'm so stressed on how I'm supposed to be preparing. I'll obviously revise all the mod 5 & 6 content we need to know, but we haven't done any practicals in class for these module and I have no idea what to expect. Any ideas on what I should do to be best prepared?

I’m not involved in HSC at all, so I hope someone who has recently studied or teaches biology responds to your query, but this is my less than two cents worth. The content of these modules are very hard to cover in ‘wet practicals’ so the practicals may include a lot of diagrams.
-Make sure you can recognise cells in different stages of mitosis and/or meiosis.
-Can you recognise reproductive organs/parts of relevant organisms (I’m not sure what’s in the syllabus - mammals, plants, fungi, ?other organisms)?
-Can you recognise different stages of reproduction & their characteristic features? - gametes, zygote, embryo, fetus
-Make sure you can identify different pedigree ‘trees’ reflecting autosomal dominant, autosomal recessive and X-linked conditions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)