biology question (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
can someone please help with the following
@Hivaclibtibcharkwa
the process is phagocytosis - define this in the first sentence. And then talk about it in detail eg, how the macrophage engulfs the antigen and the lysosomes containing digestive enzymes breakdown the antigen. Then, the macrophage, now an 'antigen-presenting cell' (MHC-II molecules on its surface containing the antigen), presents the antigen to the helper T cell thus triggering an immune response.

stressedadfff

HSC
the process is phagocytosis - define this in the first sentence. And then talk about it in detail eg, how the macrophage engulfs the antigen and the lysosomes containing digestive enzymes breakdown the antigen. Then, the macrophage, now an 'antigen-presenting cell' (MHC-II molecules on its surface containing the antigen), presents the antigen to the helper T cell thus triggering an immune response.
thank you :)

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
does anyone know the following?
would it be D?...
View attachment 32287
I‘ve always disliked these sorts of MCQs.
Homeostasis is about maintaining balance within the internal environment as the external environment changes, so I am guessing that the intended correct response is A, but honestly, D isn’t inherently incorrect.

Last edited:

stressedadfff

HSC
Sorry for the late response, I was busy with tutoring. I should definitely create PowerPoints for each topic, organising each lesson on the spot can be time consuming.

Anyways onto your question, so the process the macrophage is conducting is phagocytosis. Now you want to make explicit links to the diagram in your answer.
Phagocytosis: The macrophage engulfs the antigen forming a phagosome around it, then the lysosome a sack containing lysozymes that kill pathogens combines with the phagosome forming a phagolyosome, very unique name right! Just the combination of the two names. The useless remains of the pathogen are exocyotisised out.

The second aspect of the diagram a cd4+ T cell, which would mean its a Helper T cell. The macrophage presents the antigen of the pathogen it kills using the MHC 2 molecule to that Helper T cell which then initiates an immune reposnse
OMG thats so cool you tutor how do you find it

icycledough

HSC
I’ve started about a month or two ago for bio. People just reached out to me and I accepted. I’m well versed with the bio content, so I just load up some images and use my stylus to go through the content, then we go through heaps of exam questions and I share my tips and tricks to solve any bio question. The only problem is I have to prepare the lesson pre hand which takes time. I think I’ll postpone tutoring till after the hsc ends.
Then I’ll make it my part time job at uni and I’ll construct some power point slides so that I don’t have to pre pare for every single lesson
Damn, that takes a lot of effort, especially during your HSC year as well. Do you not feel stressed or overwhelmed having to balance the two? I mean, I found the HSC stressful as it already is, and only picked up tutoring in the January after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)