• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BIT Co-op Scholarship (1 Viewer)

BigBadBader

HSC
hello,

i am currently in year 12 and ive been thinking alot about this scholarship, has anyone applied and got accepted/rejected? how is it like and what are the requirments

i was reading up on it and it say one must get an ATAR of around 90 or more. and the assumed subjects are Mathematics and any 2 units of english.

i am doing, Std. English, Gen. Maths, IPT, SDD, ITVET.

what do you think?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I don't do it, but i know people who do it or the non scholarship equivalent (Bachelor of Science in IT). Basically you wont need 2 unit mathematics for it so don't worry. I have spoken to people who got into the scholarship last year with low to mid 80s atar, so the above 90 is just a reccomendation. It depends on how well you go in the interview - i believe the interview is marked out of a number, ive heard 6, and to be considered you must pass the interview. Then after that the marks in the interview are treated almost as bonus marks on top of your ATAR and they offer the positions to the people with the highest combined scores. You may as well apply for it and just see how you go.

Gigacube

HSC
A few other BOSers and myself have applied an been accepted. Everything you need to know about this course is on this site: http://www.it.uts.edu.au/courses/scholarships/bit/ and their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/UTS.BIT

You fill in an online form then receive an invite to an interview. If I recall correctly, there are 2 interview sessions. One is during the term 2 holidays and the second is after HSC exams. The first one is a lot less stressful and from what I've heard, more people who do the interview in the first session are accepted.

If you get an excellent interview result then you should be able to be accepted with an ATAR of 90 or under. Lowest I've heard of is 86.

Don't worry about the assumed knowledge. They've accepted people in the past who also did general maths or no maths at all! Although, they may ask about this in the interview.

Your subjects do show that you enjoy computing so it might help you. Also, I see you're doing IT VET. Make the most of work placement as you'll be able to talk about some industry experience you've gained.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)