• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Blackboard (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
absolution* said:
how hard is it to remember your DOB?
How hard is it for others who know his DOB is 081186 to hack his user?:)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i thought about that, but theres isnt much on blackboard that can be fiddled with. Unless, the person desperately wants welcome notes and lecture and tute notes from other units of study :p

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
withoutaface said:
How hard is it for others who know his DOB is 081186 to hack his user?:)
hah, there are like 3 people who know my unikey password. its only uni. who cares if it gets hacked?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if they know the unikey password, this is a quite risky cos unikey includes enrolment details and other information that is highly important. If anyone messes around with it (not saying people definately WILL but IF they do), you don't really have a case and the complications could be huge.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
absolution* said:
hah, there are like 3 people who know my unikey password. its only uni. who cares if it gets hacked?
also, ur unikey is also ur key to the credit u have in uni account... not that u need to use it or any thing...

btw, knowin someone else's Bb username and pswd gives u the power of makin him/her hated....
in Bb at least...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
how does knowing someone's BB pswword and username give you the power to make them hated? BB doesnt have links to email, enrolment or anything...just tutes and lec ntoes isnt it?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
how does knowing someone's BB pswword and username give you the power to make them hated? BB doesnt have links to email, enrolment or anything...just tutes and lec ntoes isnt it?
last yr at Bb in accounting, i firmly recall some dude launching a series of insult against soem gal in the Bb discussion forum... (one section may have ur post id as anonymous) in the post, it says taht thsi gal was such a bitch etc critising everyone at the eco forum, sayin how every one's inferior sorta thing... and much to my surprize, quite a few anoyomous reply confirmed the claim... and oen of them was quite credible among the acct disscusion forum (who forgot to tick 'anonymous' box)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
xiao1985 said:
last yr at Bb in accounting, i firmly recall some dude launching a series of insult against soem gal in the Bb discussion forum... (one section may have ur post id as anonymous) in the post, it says taht thsi gal was such a bitch etc critising everyone at the eco forum, sayin how every one's inferior sorta thing... and much to my surprize, quite a few anoyomous reply confirmed the claim... and oen of them was quite credible among the acct disscusion forum (who forgot to tick 'anonymous' box)
theres a discussion board for all units or just acct?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
some units allow a discussion board as alot of questions are required for that particular subject. biology for instance regularly posts updates and people often ask questions relating to it or to assessments and it is the unit coordinators, that their own discretion, that reply to help out students. this is avaliable on webCT.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ohhhh wbct. i dont even have any units activated on Webct...is this normal?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
either your subject doesn't have any use for webCT and doesn't place their course up, or they haven't got anything to post up yet, or you've made recent changes to your course and it has yet to be accepted by administration. re-check tomorrow or most likely sometime on monday. if there isn't anything up ask other student doing your course whether it is avaliable on their account. if it is and still not for you, you'll have to speak with ther unit coordinator.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
ohhhh wbct. i dont even have any units activated on Webct...is this normal?
to my knowledge i think comm only uses Bb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)