• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

BMW new 3series (1 Viewer)

WinterPalace

HSC
is it just me? or does the new 3series *the back* looks really cheap?? my first thought when i saw the tail lights was "looks like a daewoo" the front looks good though~

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I also don't like the styling of the rear; nor the front. It doesn't have that 'classy' look to it that the previous generation had. But then maybe it'll grow on us in the same way that the current 5, 6 and 7 series designs did.

Btw I also think the 1 series looks pretty good- it really does fit the look for 'baby BMW' at the front. The back is "okay", but I think the front is pure class.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Heaps of people thought the same about the E46. Look at it now - a classy car. Nevertheless, the 7 series never grew on me.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
petar13 said:
Heaps of people thought the same about the E46. Look at it now - a classy car. Nevertheless, the 7 series never grew on me.
Really? There was something about the E46 which made me "fall in love with the design" (metaphorically). I'm not sure what it was, but it had the right amount of curves, the look was just right, etc... Hard to describe, but that 'instant attachment' just doesn't happen with the new 3 series.

Btw what do you guys think of the less/non use of wood in the $50k-$100k price range? Whilst it's an oldie thing, I still like wood in cars. Don't really like that thing which BMW uses nowadays- my cousin's 330 has this thing which looks like silver cubes from different angles (like those eye-puzzle things) and... I think wood looks better.

alexxxz

HSC
they look MUCH nicer in the flesh... also the e90 coupe (new m3) spy shots look hot!

7th Sign

HSC
I reckon you could edit it and make the top half clear and the bottom half red and it would look better imo...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
alexxxz said:
they look MUCH nicer in the flesh... also the e90 coupe (new m3) spy shots look hot!
The back still doesn't have much class to it... when I see it, I think of funny looking tetris pieces being stuck together!

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
Saw my uncle's new 3 series last week. They look good. You're wrong.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe it'll grow on me... I'm starting to think the front doesn't look too bad, but I still think the e46 looked nicer. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
yep, first time i saw the arse end of the new beemer i thought "CHEAP korean" immediately. i class it the same as the new Golf grille and the new Astra headlights. fugly.

and to the idiot who said 'you wont have that problem cause you wont own one' of course he's not going to own one cause it's THAT ugly and he could buy something better looking, so you just pwned yourself.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The Astra lights aren't that bad... If you look closer the top bit (the shape/lines) blend in with the rest of the car. I thought it looked quite nice- of course it's personal opinion.

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
maybe it'll grow on us in the same way that the current 5, 6 and 7 series designs did.
Awwww.. I liked the 7 series at first sight >< I saw the size of the wheels and I was gawking at them..........

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I liked the 5/6/7 series designs too- but i'm generalising in terms of how reviewers/critics perceived those new designs.

I think my favourite model overall would still be the previous generation 5 series- that had a really nice look; intimidating and powerful; but not huge?

Dellaware

HSC
DaddyK said:
lol...righto noob.

oooo I'm a noob. Do you actually think I give a fuck whether you have one or 400000 posts? In case you can't recognise sarcasm I don't really recognise how much e respect you have gathered to save you from pointing out that you are a retard who will never have to worry about owning a new three series.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Dellaware said:
oooo I'm a noob. Do you actually think I give a fuck whether you have one or 400000 posts? In case you can't recognise sarcasm I don't really recognise how much e respect you have gathered to save you from pointing out that you are a retard who will never have to worry about owning a new three series.
that's cause it's a shit car and he could buy a better one noob.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Dellaware said:
Whilst i'm inclined to think that "e respect" doesn't mean much and agree with you on that; you did bring this on yourself- Insulting anyone, let alone a regular poster for no reason, sarcastic or not, compounded by the fact you are a new user (and unknown) is asking for some form of comeback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)