• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BNW / BR - Essay help (1 Viewer)

Petinga

HSC
1. could someone help by stating what i should explain in this essay question such as major issues,

"How are the consumerist/capitalist values of the societies in BNW and BR at odds with humanity's relationship to the natural world?"

2. For an assesment task i ahev to expalin humanity/man conflict with the natural world. What are some issues that i could base my essay around?

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Petinga said:
1. could someone help by stating what i should explain in this essay question such as major issues,

"How are the consumerist/capitalist values of the societies in BNW and BR at odds with humanity's relationship to the natural world?"

2. For an assesment task i ahev to expalin humanity/man conflict with the natural world. What are some issues that i could base my essay around?
1) uve been given the assumed fact that these consumerist/capitalist values in BNW/BR are at odds with humanitiy's relationship with the natural world. now, how? ==> techniques

things like:

-technical jargon
-irony <- BIGGY, how our values system has been flipped on its head. think about sexual promiscuity.
-metaphor
-imagery
-intertextuality <-- BIGGY HERE: realise that BR uses The Glass Menagerie and BNW uses Shakespeare to highlight the assumed fact.
-film techniques - lighting, camera angles, editing techniques (e.g. slow motion, montage, blurs, etc...), MUSIC, SETTING, COSTUMING

this list is not exhaustive, but there is enough there for u to consider.

2) issues: these issues centre around the issues that where prevalent in the context of the composers - in the industrial age of the 1920's for Huxley, and the Hedonistic 80's for Scott. issues like: industrialisation, destruction of environment, consumerism...are around in those times. do some more brainstorming, and base ur essay on those u think are worth talking about.

hope it helps, M.D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)