• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BNW/BR Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

luvlizey

Hey very late I know, but can anyone think of a good example of a language technique in BNW that demonstrates Huxley's view on consumption/greed etc. ie that emphasises that he seems to feel that this obsession with consuption goes against the state of being in the wild. I would also love to hear any other ideas about what people thing Huxley thinks about the above theme. Thanx heaps if anyone actually replies.

emily

don't know about a language technique as such...

don't think consumption goes against the state of being in the wild, it is just that the wild would cause instability in a world where consumption is really important...

sorry!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
the parody of religion.. the use of 'My Ford', the cross being replaced with a 'T' (The T-Model Ford) etc. He also pariodies verses from the bible..

By replacing 'The Lord' with 'My Ford', that reflects a society ruled by consumerisim.

coroneos

Originally posted by White Rabbit
the parody of religion.. the use of 'My Ford', the cross being replaced with a 'T' (The T-Model Ford) etc. He also pariodies verses from the bible..

By replacing 'The Lord' with 'My Ford', that reflects a society ruled by consumerisim.
precisely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)