• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

bnw/br is a good combo? (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I think they work quite well in combination, as Blade Runner reflects the influence of the great twentieth century dystopias, with Brave New World almong them. (The others include We, Darkness At Noon and Nineteen Eighty-Four..)

If it's for 'In The Wild', just remember that it's not about the stories of the works so much as their depiction of man's interaction (or lack thereof) with nature..How has the world been manipulated, and what point is the composer (rooted in context, as all composers are) trying to make?

But yeah.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It's not bad, I'm not reallyu a sci-fi fan but it's Ok and it's somewhat interesting to study.

Leanne

HSC
i actuall quite like them both...especially the book.. but its hard making connections between values, context and issues....for me anyway....

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I thought it was quite good. More enjoyable if you understand it. The book is a bit of a drag in places, but good none the less. When you understand the concept of "in the wild" everything pretty much falls into place. Now, actually understanding the concept of "in the wild" is another story :p

jnothman

dismember
HSC
Most people dislike either the book or the film =P

But still, I ended up enjoying them both and the module altogether, but it all only really clicked in the week before the final exam, so just good luck!

Both interesting texts!

- Joel

PS. Hey christine!!!

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Originally posted by jnothman
Most people dislike either the book or the film =P

But still, I ended up enjoying them both and the module altogether, but it all only really clicked in the week before the final exam, so just good luck!

Both interesting texts!

- Joel

PS. Hey christine!!!
Hello Joel!

*Mica*

i have one thing to say...THEY ARE BOTH CRAP!!! GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN CORONEOUS!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)