• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BNW/BR tricky question (1 Viewer)

speed2

HSC
my teacher gave us this question on BNW/BR to do in the holidays

"In studying Brave New World and Blade Runner what have you discovered, what have the characters discovered and what have you learnt?"

i'am stumped as to how to answer it. Does anyone have any idea what i can talk about?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
speed2 said:
"In studying Brave New World and Blade Runner what have you discovered,
just from this, we know that you must give your answer in terms of your response to the texts, and you must draw from your experiences. this is i guess what the markers are looking for. to be more specific, what have you learnt from it.

speed2 said:
what have the characters discovered and what have you learnt?"
i think with the time you are given, ie. 40mins; focus on the main characters, therefore bernard, the savage, mustapha mond, savage's mother. its best that you pick a particualr angle that you would like to focus on to answer your question. this gives you time to provide a detailed response.

from br, draw from characters like, deckard, sebastian, tyrell, rachael and batty. as from bnw, take a particular scope. therefore, if your scope was to do such and such in bnw, stick to it.

my response format:
if i was to answer this question, i would focus on the relationship of mond and savage, and what their views are, on what is humnanity, in the wild, etc. best pick, is their conversation at the end, showing flaws with the world state.
from br, i would choose the relationship of batty and deckard. its best to use the batty death scene. what is it to be human? etc
so by doing this, you would have shown what you have learnt and what the characters have discovered in the process through the movie and text. this should be your conclusion where you put it all together.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
speed2 said:
my teacher gave us this question on BNW/BR to do in the holidays

"In studying Brave New World and Blade Runner what have you discovered, what have the characters discovered and what have you learnt?"

i'am stumped as to how to answer it. Does anyone have any idea what i can talk about?
Talk about what has John discovered about the "brave new world"
Talk about the similarities between the natural world
Discuss techniques which help demonstrate what you have learnt
E.g. film noir in BR
parody E.g. our lord, our Ford in BNW
What have u learnt about humanitys interaction with nature?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)