• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Board endorsed courses (1 Viewer)

RocketMan

HSC
N/A
My brother has been told that he isnt eligable for the HSC, bit im pretty sure he is.. He has enough units, but I think some may be board endorsed courses, so he may not have enough bored developed units...

You only need 6 units of bored developed units. He has 9 units.

Heck, ill just ask you guys.
He does english, math general, hosp, food tech and english fund and catholic studies.

Does he have enough units? He has 8 that count towards the HSC.. Teach says he needs ten, i thought that was only for a UAI?
Dont pay out on me, im at uni now, forgot all the HSC crap ages ago.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
RocketMan said:
My brother has been told that he isnt eligable for the HSC, bit im pretty sure he is.. He has enough units, but I think some may be board endorsed courses, so he may not have enough bored developed units...

He does english, math general, hosp, food tech and english fund and catholic studies.

Does he have enough units? He has 8 that count towards the HSC.. Teach says he needs ten, i thought that was only for a UAI?
well english fund is not a hsc subject.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

You need atleast 10 units to get a UAI and less if you don't. And yes English Fundamentals does not count and catholic studies doesn't count either

Gummy_bear

HSC
He is actually asking what you need to be eligable for the HSC, not a UAI, they have completely different guidlines.

Unforunately, I really can't remember. Ive forgotten most of what I once knew for the HSC as you have. Im sure it was only 8 units for the HSC though..Perhaps food tech isnt a board developed course?

X

xeuyrawp

RocketMan said:

He hasn't got enough units to be eligable -- he's only doing two normal subjects. He won't graduate with the HSC.

Last edited by a moderator:

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
From the Rules and Procedures 2006 booklet:

To qualify for the Higher School Certificate you must satisfactorily complete a Premliminary patten of study comprising at least 12 units and an HSC pattern of study comprising at least 10 units. Both patterns must include:
- at least six units of Board Developed Courses;
- at least two units of a Board Developed Course in English;
- at least three courses of two unit value or greater (either Board Developed or
Board Endorsed Courses);
- at least four subjects.

English, Gen maths and food tech are board developed so he has six units so this satisfies the first 3 points. Now english fund and catholic studies are not HSC subjects (neither board endorsed or developed) and im not sure if hosp counts as a subject in this case, so if something is wrong i think it is the last point but i could be wrong......

EDIT: with VET courses the exam (ie Hospitality EXAM) not the subject is what counts towards the UAI (if you're getting one) and if you also satisfy the above requirements. They (Hospitality & Hospitality Exam) come up as two different entries in the entry application things so yeah i think its the last point.

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Based on timobr0's info, he's not eligible for a UAI or the award of the HSC since he only has 8 units worth of Board Developed/Endorsed courses.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)