• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bon Chance!!! (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
BON CHANCE pour vos HSC!!! J'espere vous ressuiriez!!!
(Je suis desolee je suis en vacances a ce moment et ma francais est tres mal!!!)
U know wat i mean... if u need someone to practise u i am here...all thou i may not make sense but hey... u cld call me a cow for all i wld know!!! Ne way gd luck!

chepas

HSC
Merci :)

TU ES UNE VACHE!!!

:p

Non je rigole. Merci de nous avoir souhaité bonne chance. Ça nous réconforte toujours, ceux qui habitent toujours sur BOS. Alors, ça me fait mal, d'être toujours ici!

chepas

HSC
C'est vrai que bcp de personnes s'obsèdent sur les vaches. C'est pas bon pour la santé...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I only just understand u ppl, i hope its coz ur yr 12 extension or i am in trouble 4 the HSC!!!

i looked up in my friend's lonely planet book how to say 'murder the french language' and its something like i speak french like a spanish cow! LOL

chepas

HSC
Nah in Year 12 you will learn A LOT, a lot FASTER... It will be excellent :)

Et c'est vrai que tu parles le français comme une vache espagnole :p. C'est ça, la vraie expression. Ça veut dire quelqu'un qui ne peut pas parler le français correctement, ou quelqu'un qui le parle d'une façon terrible. :(

I always like to say "QUE LE FRANÇAIS TROUVE LA MORT!" (May French die!).

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
To add to our vocab. along with the cows...... ;)

My teacher gave me this book today on how to express profanity in french. FASCINATING stuff! ;)

The title of the book is "Merde! The real french you were never taught at school"

Par example:
A sex maniac- un chaud-lapin (LOL!)
An arse-licker- un lèche-bottes
To be up shit creek- être dans la merde
To screw someone- culbuter quelqu'un
One who likes to participate in an orgy- un partouzard

Then at the end of the book there's a section where you test your knowledge and how well you've taken in all the vocab. LOL!! What a cack!

I'm loving this book........!! ;D

chepas

HSC
Omg.. my old French teacher gave me that exact book before she moved up north! It's good, ey? Though the pages are literally falling out. All of them pages about sex..............

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
wow... your teachers gave you books in french about SEX?!?!?

thanks melsc... appreciated.

yeah, "tu parle le francais comme une vache espagnole" is a HUGE insult to french people, basically to say their french sux.

au revoir et bon chance alors!

chepas

HSC
Nonono it's a dico of argot words and phrases, not just sex! But there is a lot in there, that will come in handy in some derogatory conversation or another ;)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The lonley planet one is funny... it has stuff like 'frisky french' and 'in the bedroom' but also useful stuff too like idoms! they are always important...and of course how to ask where the nearest nigh club is!

omg_a

HSC
giggle, my darling french teacher always fast forwards (when we watched films in yr 10) the scenes because, as she said, the have "S-E-X" in them!! shes so funny!!

malkin86

HSC
hmm... in Taxi, in yr 10, there was a full (female, of course) frontal nudity scene, so our teacher just planted himself infront of the telly - facing us - the guys told him that they couldn't understand the french and that he was standing in front of the subtitles! s'if! :D

chepas

HSC
^^#13 HAHAHAHAH :D:D Smooooth! Oh, to be sexually liberal....

I might to a round of SBS movie searching tomorrow. I haven't watched anything on SBS a` part le Journal cos I can't be bothered or late, or have time. Though I know the new season of Queer as Folk is coming Nov 4 :rolleyes:. Hurray dramae. And Junior Eurovision soon...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
What on earth is 'Junior Eurovision'????

Gawd, I love Eurovision. The Swedes were robbed this year! Lena Philipsson was FABULOUS! Silly Ukrainian dancing twats. :mad:

chepas

HSC
Hurrah la Suède "Hurts o it hurts really it hurts in the middle of the night in the light of the day..."

Sick mic stand dancing too :D.

UKRAINE SUCKED. I'm sorry, but there was no musical merit or otherwise in that performance, except the Xena-esque bootliciousness. Berk.

Junior ESC - very cool. Under 16s-restricted comp and is even more hilarious than normal ESC because they sing in their native languages and it's funky to the max. The hosts last year, excellent. It was obvious that they weren't natural English speakers, then they were trying to be funky to da beet and in da house wit da homies - funny :). It's also funny hearing the boys whose voices are in that transitional octave though, it is painful when Polish cherubines belt out their heartfelt rendition of their equivalent of Britney.

Wow memories. I think I am just now going to put my ESC CD on now. My favourite was Malta. "On again off again like the rhythm of rain, we need to decide flying into this game. Such wonderful times, many natural highs. Love is a flame that we something tame. On again off again.". Priceless.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Intriguing. I'll have to watch it. I adore Eurovision. Some of the performances just make you want to cringe. The tackiness of it all is so appealing.

And yes, Lena was great with the mic stand. :p But she should have stuck with singing "Det gör ont" in Swedish. The lyrics in english are lame-as. It flowed better in Swedish too. I was shocked to see how old she was though. For someone that age, my gawd she has good legs! She's been singing for quite some time- all her 80's stuff is gold. Pure, 80's, Swedish pop. Absolutely divine.

Now I've turned this into a "How much Kate loves Lena Philipsson Thread". What was this thread about? *checks* Ahhh. "Bonne chance". Oui. J'ai besoin de beaucoup de chance. I did the 2003 listening exam today for practice. *is still quivering* Bad. I really must practice some more. :rolleyes:

chepas

HSC
Hip said:
Absolutely divine.
LOL Marvellous! I've never heard those words used to rescribed ESC :p.

Apparently Lena had been trying for like 5-6 times to crack into Euro but never got in, and at what, 38, she finally did. Does the Swedish version exist somewhere? I've tried to get the originals to a lot of the songs but to no avail. I SOOOO reckon the Croatian guy should have sung in Croatian. It sounded SOO much better. I am intrigued by the pure 80s Swedish pop! I have pure 80s German pop and it is both fascinating and scary. And I am NOT just talking about 99 Luftballons.

Just wait, we shall have the whole Eurovision thread come May next year. It shall be a glorious time.

Studying. ARGH. I am gonna worry about French when I finish English. Even German, cos then I only have French exams after that. I lvoe my exam timetable, except for the first day.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Chepas said:
And I am NOT just talking about 99 Luftballons.
My Dad gave me for Christmas one year the whole "99 Luftballons" album. Every song is in German, I honestly have no idea what she's singing about, but whatever it is, it sounds good, trashy, but good.

Go the non-english music!!! :D

You got more than one exam on the first day?

That'd suck. I'll be glad when week one is over. Then all is good. :D

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
hmmm...

after week 1 is ok, for me after week 2 = excellent, the worst exams are ovveerrr. goodbye to maths, english, chem...

then a whole week to study physics and french...they put the best exam last. Well for me anyway. I feel sorry for Arts students and Latin extensioners..

chepas said:
And I am NOT just talking about 99 Luftballons.
neunundneunzig luftballons!!! i heard that on the shebang a few weeks ago, that song rocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)