Bonus points query (1 Viewer)

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
i was wondering do they alter the atar required for the course before applying your bonus points. for example if a course has a cutoff of 98.15, do they change the cutoff to something higher in the second round to prevent too many ppl getting in with bonus points?

muzeikchun852

HSC
for example if a course has a cutoff of 98.15, do they change the cutoff to something higher in the second round to prevent too many ppl getting in with bonus points?
no. i think they only consider atar + bonus point and they dont distinguish between students with bonus points and without bonus points.

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
so if the cutoff for B comm/B advanced math this year was 98.70 and i got 94.00 atar would i be safe to get in? they definitely wont increase atar requirement in second round?

D94

HSC
N/A
i was wondering do they alter the atar required for the course before applying your bonus points. for example if a course has a cutoff of 98.15, do they change the cutoff to something higher in the second round to prevent too many ppl getting in with bonus points?
Depends on the University, but I've read and seen UNSW count bonus points in with the main round, and the entry score hasn't changed or whatnot.

so if the cutoff for B comm/B advanced math this year was 98.70 and i got 94.00 atar would i be safe to get in? they definitely wont increase atar requirement in second round?
No, not necessarily. Assuming you actually got the bonus points, there could be more people higher than you in the places available list, hence you wouldn't get in, in the main round. The ATAR requirement would not normally be increased; I don't see why it would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)