Books books books (1 Viewer)

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
how many books did ya teacher give for this subject?
i have about 12!!!! i repeat 12 books for this subject !!! ah!!!!!!!!!
gosh darnit... lol and all of them cept maybe 1 or 2 are gatherin dust... lol

who wrote them and wat u got pplz?:D :D :D

malayz_angel

12? Wow. I have about five textbooks, two folders crammed with booklets for 'higher order learning', the ordinary booklets everyone else gets, which are just sorta scattered across the floor, a copy of Herodotus' Histories, extra historian books.....the list goes on. I have notes/textbooks from Lawless, Callender and some other ppl that I dont even remember...

smileyuie

omigosh you guys, altogether our teacher gave us TWENTY-FOUR textbook/photocopied books etc

now, there is a whole shelf on the bookshelf dedicated to ancient...

good luck in your trial peoples!

all4jesus

wow...i didn't know that there were even that many...haha....
i have around 10-12 textbooks...and a folder crammed with prinitouts...blah...

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
r these books from modern historians??... my teacher has only given us a few photocopies of michael grant but i also have Suetonius, Plutarch and Tacitus (as well 2 textbooks and millions of photocopies from other textbooks)

i want modern historian books though, cause supposedly we're not allowed to quote from the textbook..

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
from modern and actual sources like herodotus and thucydides and stuff.... plutarch but the thing with modern texts books is that u can use the quotes they use so then u get a more varied range... which is why pamela bradley is cool heheh

malayz_angel

Yeah its better to use ancient and modern historians...e.g. modern historians sometimes disagree with ancient sources and give good reasons why, which will make essays sound so much better...

lemonade, Nice Sig! Did you know I actually have a thread called 'Procrastinators Anonymous' in the History Extension forum? You can join that, the only requirement is that you be lazy and obviously a procrastinator :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)