• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

bookstores (1 Viewer)

thisisme

HSC
N/A
hey
is anyone here lucky enough to work in a bookstore or know the wage for 18 year olds? especially at borders? how hard is it to get a job at borders- do they want experience? they never seem to have signs up asking for people either...which yeah, of course shouldn't stop you from applying but mmmmm.

so.....good pay? :)

thanks!

hannahxxx

HSC
Oh god I want a job there too. Just looking at all those books last time I visited the one in Mq Centre made my mouth water. Anyway I went onto the website, and it only lets you apply for jobs in America. Handy, eh?
I'm going in next week to try and force them to accept my resume. :D
Though I'm 17 and have only had 2 paid jobs(unrelated to book sales) b4 so I dunno if the outcome will be very positive. :(

EDIT: Ringing might be a good way of finding out if they have any positions available and whether or not you can drop in your resume.

Last edited:

FuzzballD

HSC
Borders aren't really known for advertising, mostly because they receive so many applications as it is, so apply away.

A friend of mine has been working at Borders for a few years now, and the only experience he previously had was working in a pharmacy. I think if you have some relevent experience, like retail, then it's fine. What they really do look for is great availability so make sure you're available all the time.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)