Bored? Want to know what uws is up to in the holidays? Read on (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
thats up to the student assoc. inst it? not the uni itself? well not that im fully informed...

klh

HSC
it dont talk about much stuff....renaing of schools, so you shoud read the first part, or you can wait and check th eonline handbook soon to check you th enew names etc.
soem stuff about workpalce reforms but otherwise meh...unless you want to dl the reports.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
oh wow! that was interesting i think it kept me entertained for about 2 minutes :p

i don't care whats happening at the uni, i just want my results, dammit :chainsaw:

L

LaraB

i know its not particularly interesting but seriously read it.

if schools are combined, funding gets altered which means courses are altere which means some courses may be cut or teachers may be cut etc..

so it does affect everyone potentially

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB said:
i know its not particularly interesting but seriously read it.

if schools are combined, funding gets altered which means courses are altere which means some courses may be cut or teachers may be cut etc..

so it does affect everyone potentially
Been there, done that. My course doesn't exist, half the subjects that I did in first year don't exist.

Does this mean that I get a non - existant degree as well :rolleyes:

We only have lectures as classes, meh, not that big of a deal.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Been there, done that. My course doesn't exist, half the subjects that I did in first year don't exist.

Does this mean that I get a non - existant degree as well :rolleyes:

We only have lectures as classes, meh, not that big of a deal.
no i dont mean simply 'technically' it not existing..

if funding gets to be that big a problem i mean courses not runningg at all coz they can't pay lecturers...

similarly, certain schools are having to cut number of students allowed entry as their R&D sucks so they aren't bringing any money into the uni

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
whoops ... I should have meantioned that I was being scarastic about the part of my non existant degree :p
I'm so bored, that I'm not even making sense.

I know what your saying. Our tourism course used to have B of arts (tourism) and an applied science (environmental management and tourism) <-- thats what I do.
But due to the merging of schools and funding cuts, they combined the degrees to form a B of tourism, majoring in either cultural heritage or natural resource management. The number of students went from nearly 150 to well less than 100, I think it is about 75 in first year for both majors this year.

klh

HSC
they've already cut courses....streamlining courses has already been done and hopefully not again until the need arises. but your suspicion seems quite likely too...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think its pretty safe to say, those who do law, business and possibly some science like courses will not be affected greatly, cause they are obviously the courses that are bringing in the money for the uni.

I mean, who the hell wants to study horticulture or agriculture (yes, I realise I have to do 6 agriculture subjects :p). They even had wine making as well! But atleast the wine making and vineculture subjects still exist, maybe I should do that :p

Oh, I also read somewhere on the link, that they were going to make the base uai at 60 for all courses across all campuses. wtf? How would that work? Its cause the uni finally realised that a high uai doesn't equal the student staying at uni for the whole degree.

Maybe I get an invisable piece of paper :p

Jonathan A

HSC
It silly that the College of Law and Business will now be called the College of Business - what is the point of that?

L

LaraB

Cape - its not all courses:) its going to be made 'official' that the lowest UAI cut off acceptable uni wide is 60, ie they have to 60+... never mind that it already happens anyways so i guess its kinda fmakin what they already do 'official'

Jonathan - just another excuse for the government to give less funding and for other unis to bag us lol:p i don't think it really serves any purpose.... at least not anything beneficial...

I know from what our WB lecturer was saying coz the school of ER bring in so much R&D money, with this changing of the names of collegs n stuff it impacts the amount of funding brought in so the more profitable schools kinda are left to fund the less profitable one which kinda sucks...

Jonathan A

HSC
LaraB said:
Cape - its not all courses:)
Jonathan - just another excuse for the government to give less funding and for other unis to bag us lol:p i don't think it really serves any purpose.... at least not anything beneficial...

I know from what our WB lecturer was saying coz the school of ER bring in so much R&D money, with this changing of the names of collegs n stuff it impacts the amount of funding brought in so the more profitable schools kinda are left to fund the less profitable one which kinda sucks...

The Board is made up of ALP State Gov reps. The UWS Act is a state law.

klh

HSC
according to one of them marketing matrixes, Cash cows should go and help fund the stars which seems that uws management is following textbook strategies which in theory work best. e.g. Cash cow=business part that gets in alot of cash, and should thus be invested to create stars=succesful businesses.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
according to one of them marketing matrixes, Cash cows should go and help fund the stars which seems that uws management is following textbook strategies which in theory work best. e.g. Cash cow=business part that gets in alot of cash, and should thus be invested to create stars=succesful businesses.
Say what? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)