• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bos, Irc, Uia?! (1 Viewer)

theoneme

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone :)

my name is Emma and as you can see i'm new to this forum. i would like to studdy in australia and i've looked around this site for information, and i have to say that it is very helpful. :)

however i do have some questions, what do these means: BOS, IRC, STUVAC, UIA and what is LOTE subjects? they are all taken from the important threads if it matters.

i'm sure i will have many more questions, but the important threads helped me a lot to get a picture of how uni is in australia. one more thing though, how do you live? on campus? corridor? student flat? are there any rules? eg. every first year students must live on campus or so?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
theoneme said:
Hi everyone :)

my name is Emma and as you can see i'm new to this forum. i would like to studdy in australia and i've looked around this site for information, and i have to say that it is very helpful. :)

however i do have some questions, what do these means: BOS, IRC, STUVAC, UIA and what is LOTE subjects? they are all taken from the important threads if it matters.
Hi Emma :)

BOS = Board (Bored) of Studies

IRC = uhm? Internet Relay Chat (aka chatroom)

STUVAC = Study Vacation

UIA = Do you mean UAI? if so, the Universities Admission Index, is a ranking between 100 - 30, with increments of .05 awarded to all those participating in the state eg. 94.45)

LOTE= Languages Other Than English

i'm sure i will have many more questions, but the important threads helped me a lot to get a picture of how uni is in australia. one more thing though, how do you live? on campus? corridor? student flat? are there any rules? eg. every first year students must live on campus or so?
It depends. Most Uni's have accomadation options available to students and I dont think its a requirement of any university that you have to live on campus.

Hope that helped :)

theoneme

HSC
N/A
thanks mr_brightside, it really helped. :) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2358201", true);

PwarYuex said:
Aw, nuts. :(
:confused: cause you were too late to answear?

theoneme

HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
wow you're not piss-taking international students...
why would they?! are international students seen as a problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)