BOS maths extension 2 trial exam 2018 E4 cutoff (1 Viewer)

psmao

HSC
Does anyone know the cutoff coz I feel like I am totally fked by this paper....

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Its hard to know exactly, as the actual hsc has so many easy marks to get whereas pretty much every question in BOS is Q15+ level. I would say if you can do about ~25% of the paper you have a decent shot at getting enough of the hard questions in the actual hsc to land b4, providing you get all the easier marks (maybe around 20% in other years, but 2018 is a bit easier imo). I'm not certain though, I haven't even done the extension 2 hsc myself lol. Remember not to lose confidence though, the papers are ridiculously hard, and almost every year there are only around 10 or less people who pass.

Last edited:

integral95

HSC
You can't compare the BOS trials with the HSC. It's just at a completely different level since it's specifically aimed to challenge the students who have mastered virtually every single topics, i.e people who have the potential to easily achieve 95+ HSC. Even if you did do badly, it wouldn't reflect your performance with your HSC exams except maybe in a couple of Q15-16 type questions.

I recall doing it back in 2013 in exam conditions at Parramatta. I wasn't one of those state rank guys so I got rekttttt lol.
Got around 40% but then I got 94 in HSC (though I did make a bit too many silly mistakes but that's just how it is)

Just take this as a fun challenge, rather than a way to boost your ego or a way to measure your competence.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Pretty much echoing what is said above. The BoS trials are specifically designed for people who want more practice on the harder HSC questions. This mainly because most trial papers out there (with the exception of a small few) have boring repetitive questions everyone has seen before.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't be disheartened.

Even the best in the state find them difficult. We don't expect many (if any) students to walk away feeling completely confident that they got everything out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)