• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BOS moderation (1 Viewer)

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
hey guys i had a question: If you do reasonably well in ur school, mind you its not a selective and say they provide a moderated assessment score of 92, but you do really well in ur HSC exam and get say 97, does the BOS ever change that 92? seeing that you are doing better in the state?, or does it just do a straight average and give u 95?.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Yeah your mark gets moderated... I think it might give you a 97 so that you keep your mark coz an assesment of 92 is pretty good. Otherwise, yeah the average is the most probable alternative.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
provided you come first in your subject, then that 97 you get for your exam also becomes 97 for your moderated assessment mark, so therefore your final mark for that subject would be 97.
if you came anything lower than first, say 5th in your internals, then you would get the 5th highest mark in the hsc exam as your moderated assessment mark.

so theoretically that 92 could still be there, provided you have met the criteria above.

beentherdunthat

HSC
^^^ I disagree. From experience, I'm SURE that his assesment will probably be either 96 or 97 ;) But I think more 97.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
ohh k yep so if im first then my hsc mark will most likely become my moderated assessment mark as well..excellent:D thank you guys..really needed a clarification on that one because ive been hearing all these theories which sometimes contradict each other and i was lost...thats what made me wonder why do some people get like 97-100 in some subjects, i guess this is the reason 1st in the subject and ace the externals. thanx again guys.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
oh umat was fine not bad some questions a little tricky but im hoping for a score between 185-210. but i guess umat is a weird test u might think u were right but really they were looking for something else lol so u get screwed over in the end. But im hopeful lol. btw what are everyones plans for future study?

beentherdunthat

HSC
lol section three was a pain. I only done it for the fun of it, not coz I want to get in...

Are you going to apply for UWS medicine as well?

beentherdunthat

HSC
Malek Fahd Islamic high school :p

Good luck with medicine. My bro's doing it. If you have the drive for it, you'll love it ;)

beentherdunthat

HSC
lol. Nope didn't go. Check the UNSW open day thread for that. It's right on top. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)