bounce back with trials? (1 Viewer)

lemon02

HSC
Hi guys, so I go to a top ten selective school and my rank before my most recent 3 unit maths test was 112/125. I am pretty sure I completely bombed the recent test and it seemed to be quite an easy test from what others said, I'm actually just so dumb and did not focus on 3unit whatsoever. I think my rank will drop significantly after this test, maybe even to the bottom if I am unlucky. I only have trials left after this, but would it be possible to bounce back in trials and move up ranks to at least 95/125? :( thanks

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it is possible. Just focus on studying. If you think about it as well if you improve in the coming trials and go better than you would normally in HSC you can still get a decent mark

TeheeCat

HSC
Yes you certainly can improve in your ranks! :) It seems you already know why you didn't do as well (not focusing enough on 3U), so be sure to address that. Work harder for the upcoming trials, and make sure you allocate time to focusing on your weak topics. Also, make sure you do exam papers under time conditions as it forces you to think under time pressure.

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
Trust me, no matter how bad you do in your internal assessments, trials are always the ones that make or break someone's internal rank. This is from experience, I was in the bottom 25th percentile in all my subjects, except physics where I was in the top 10th percentile (+90th percentile), and basically in the trials I managed to come top 20th percentile (+80th percentile) in all my subjects. When all my ranks came back I managed to come from bottom 25th percentile to top 25th percentile (+75th percentile). I had 9 weeks left till the HSC exams after trials and I studied so hard, managing to get 85% plus in all my hsc exams (except for English :/ ). This then enabled me to get into the course I wanted that needed a 93% atar. So anything is possible if you succeed in trials, other minor assessments were pointless in my situation. But remember, trials is basically your last chance to pull your self and your atar up!

Good luck with your trials and hsc and hope all things go well!

pockysticks

HSC
N/A
Trust me, no matter how bad you do in your internal assessments, trials are always the ones that make or break someone's internal rank. This is from experience, I was in the bottom 25th percentile in all my subjects, except physics where I was in the top 10th percentile (+90th percentile), and basically in the trials I managed to come top 20th percentile (+80th percentile) in all my subjects. When all my ranks came back I managed to come from bottom 25th percentile to top 25th percentile (+75th percentile). I had 9 weeks left till the HSC exams after trials and I studied so hard, managing to get 85% plus in all my hsc exams (except for English :/ ). This then enabled me to get into the course I wanted that needed a 93% atar. So anything is possible if you succeed in trials, other minor assessments were pointless in my situation. But remember, trials is basically your last chance to pull your self and your atar up!

Good luck with your trials and hsc and hope all things go well!
In a similar situation right now, where my rank is in the bottom 50 percentile. If you don't mind me asking what was the weighting on for your trial exams, specifically for maths?

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
In a similar situation right now, where my rank is in the bottom 50 percentile. If you don't mind me asking what was the weighting on for your trial exams, specifically for maths?
My trials weighting was 40% of the internal assessment mark.

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
My trials were 40% of my internal assessment, so 20% roughly for my overall raw score. Hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)