• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Brave New World\blade Runner.... (1 Viewer)

香港!

HSC
I have read some BNW\BR essays posted on the resources section of this website.... and it seems to be that they don't contain very much techniques...

For this module... do you need lots of techniques? or is it more important to discuss the context\themes...???

Edit: well there ARE techniques for BR... but for BNW... I hardly see any...
Anyone have a good BNW\BR essay w\ techniques for BNW as well can let me c plz?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Yes, you need lots of techniques for Eng Adv. They also love the fancy terminology, provided you use it correctly. If not, it just makes you look like an idiot :p

always_smile

HSC
I am in the same boat. I lost marks in the trial exam on BNW/BR because my teacher said i needed more techniques. My teacher told me have at least 3 on BNW and BR and you will be fine. For example use of symbolism. I agree with my teacher, as she has marked the HSC exams for english for the last 16 years.

Good Luck.

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Yeh, for BNW you can use a number .. including symbolism, jargon/technical language, juxtaposition, and even use the notion that the text is a satirical representation of Soviet Russia's implementation of totalitarianism (could then link the names with the historical figures). Really just find examples of each to support and you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)